Hello everyone, I’m Kristian, and I’m here to explain be used to.
We use this expression to talk about things that are normal for us now. For example, Schools are now closed in Prague. I’ve been teaching online for two years, so this is not a problem for me.
I can say I’m used to online classes.
If we want to use a verb phrase with the expression, we need to add -ing. For example, I’m used to teaching online.
If something has not become normal, we can use not to make the negative form. For example, I’m not used to staying inside the whole day.
What are you used to or what are you not used to?
Let me know. Bye!
1. I (live) in the centre of Prague , so the crowds don’t bother me.
2. I (the Prague subway) so I don’t get lost.
3. He (not / deal) with animals, so he’s a bit scared of the dogs.
4. My father (drive) in heavy traffic.
5. She (wake) up in the night with her baby.
1. I’m used to living in the centre of Prague, so the crowds don’t bother me.
2. I’m used to the Prague subway so I don’t get lost.
3. He’s not used to dealing with animals, so he’s a bit scared of the dogs.
4. My father’s used to driving in heavy traffic.
5. She’s used to waking up in the night with her baby.